Fostering Capacity for Business Development in Latgale-Utena Cross Border Region, acronym REGION INVEST
Programme: The Latvia–Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013
Project title: Fostering Capacity for Business Development in Latgale-Utena Cross Border Region, acronym REGION INVEST
Lead partner: Latgale Planning Region
Project partners: Latgale Region Development Agency (Latvia), Daugavpils University (Latvia), Ignalina Nuclear Power Plan Regional Development Agency (Lithuania), Utena County Governor's Administration (Lithuania).
The target groups of the project:
1) 360 businesses who received 6 modules training in business management, starting a business and planning exports.
2) 80 representatives of business information centres, business associations, municipalities who develop and apply technology approach in Technology workshops.
3) 40 companies with potential for innovations and high technologies who participate in cross border experience exchange.
4) 400 representatives of the business sector who receive consultation in innovations and exports.
5) 40 private and public partners who have investment portfolios developed and 4 of them actively marketed.
6) 20 companies with innovative products exposed at business fairs.
7) 200 participants of Business Forum (businesses, researchers, municipalities, incubators).
8) 20000 people of the Region who gain support via cross border strategies for research and technologies in business, research and information dissemination.
9) 4 business incubators that are equipped with 35 working stations in Daugavpils, Kraslava, Preili, Livani and linked into the Baltic Country of Lakes' research and technology network along with Visaginas business incubator and 4 information centres, and 70m2 research auditorium in Daugavpils University.
10) 5 project partners' institutions that increase their experience and capacity in fostering business development, exports, investments, business incubation facilities, based on joint cross border approach and learning from each other.
11) In middle-term also students of Daugavpils University who undertake project management course, bachelor degree, master degree in business administration from Latvia and Lithuania cross border area (but not limited to that) and are innovative and competitive in business
The overall objective of the project: to promote business stabilization and development in the area of 9 municipalities at the very border of Latgale and Utena region through joint cross border approach to fostering exports and production, promoting cooperation between business and academic sector in the economic development space Baltic Country of Lakes.
Project activities and results:
WP I Management and Coordination:
Steering committee meetings (4), Project work group meetings (8), partners prepare 20 individual reports and 4 progress reports, press releases (18), partners’ websites updated (5).
WP II Communication and dissemination:
WP III Business Support Services:
WP IV Business Support Infrastructure:
PC with software-5 and equipment,table-7,chair-76,cabinet-10, alarm-1, reconstruction of walls (Preili), PC with software-5 and equipment,table-10, chair-20, shelves-10,board multifunctional-1, other (Livani), PC with software-10 and equipment, table-15, chair-20, cabinets-10, board-2 (Daugavpils), PC with software-5 and equipment, table-8, chair-13, cabinet-5, board-1 (Kraslava), hard equipment (details in FS).
35 working stations to be furnished and equipped for incubees in Latgale.
Project period: 24 months
Project status: on 30.04.2009. submitted for evaluation
Contact information: Inese Kursīte, phone: +371 654 28111, email@example.com